Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sock List

Dave and I had to start writing down a 'sock list' while we were on our California trip.  We have so many people in line waiting for us to knit socks for them that it seemed safest to write them down to keep track.  At the moment there are nine people on the list, but we have each recently finished a pair so that brought the list down a couple.  Also, there are three pairs currently on the needles.  Dave just started the second sock in one pair, and I have half a sock to go for one pair, and half a sock finished for another.  I don't often have two pairs of socks on the needles, but the blue striped ones are very simple so I'm saving them for knitting on the road and at appointments.

Here are my Sand and Surf socks, finished, and having to settle for their final photo being on coastal vegetation rather than by the sea.  They're on their way to their new home in Oakland, where they may occasionally be taken on a trip to a beach!

Here is a picture of my latest sock-in-progress.  The yarn is Tofutsies, which I bought in Carmel at Knitting by the Sea.  My niece chose this one after much deliberation - the pink stripes are very pretty.  I'm using a pattern out of Wendy Johnson's Socks from the Toe Up - the Lacy Ribs socks.  It's a simple little lace pattern that makes the sock knitting go quickly.


There has actually not been a whole lot of knitting going on around here the last few days.  I've been working on a lap quilt for a friend - I'll post photos when I'm finished - and Dave and I have been on a major reorganization kick.  There's always time for some knitting though - there just has to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment