Wednesday, July 28, 2010

If it's Wednesday this must be Oakland

We arrived in Oakland on Monday and we're having a good visit with our friends here.  The sand and surf socks are for our friend Dave, so we had a fitting the first night, and now I'm well into the second sock.  Here are the socks posing in the front yard.  It looks like an arid landscape suits them as well as a beach, which is good, since this is where they'll be living!

I've been knitting these socks using the magic loop method, on a needle that I bought at The Neverending Yarn in Vernon.  It's a Chiao Goo Red, and I love it.  The points are pointy, the steel and joins are very smooth, and the cable is wonderfully flexible.   The price is good too, and I strongly recommend them.

I got to try Judy's spinning wheel last night and it is lovely!  It's a Schacht Matchless, and it has great weighting and was easy to use even though I haven't done much wheel spinning, and not for some time.  It was fun!  There may well be a spinning wheel in my future, when the right one comes along!

No comments:

Post a Comment