Thursday, July 22, 2010

California Knitting

Here is a photo of my sock-in-progress posing in the lemon tree in my sister-in-law's backyard in Gilroy.  This was a couple of days ago, so it did grow a few more inches in the car yesterday as we sped down the I-5 to "SoCal" (that's Southern California to most of us!).

I bought the yarn for these socks at Websters in Ashland.  It's Opal 2010 Cotton and it's knitting up very nicely.  We might need to stop on our way home and get some more!

We also went to Carmel that afternoon, and visited Knitting by the Sea.  We bought some Tofootsie to make my niece some socks, and also a skein of Noro Kochoran to make her this bag that she fell in love with.  She totally wanted to learn to knit after seeing this shop, which was fun, but there wasn't enough time on this trip to fit that in.

Here she is with the sample purse.  She really likes it, can you tell?  We got the same colourway for her bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment