Friday, February 12, 2010

Another Friday

Well another week has flown by with nary a post.  I have been knitting, though.  One excuse for not posting is that I want to post pictures of my knitting, but our camera is not working very well.  I have finished my Hempton (ravelry link here) pullover, and will post pictures as soon as I can.  I am pleased with the completed project.  The sleeves were a bit tricky to sew up, due to their having been knit from end to end rather than side to side.  The shaping interferes with a clean seam line.  I'm not sure what I would do differently, though.  I really like the drape of the garter stitch on its side overall, so I guess it's worth the tricky arm seams.

The Monkey socks are coming along well.  The first sock has been fitted and finished, and I'm on the gusset decreases of the second sock.

I've started a new project.  It's a semi-Knitting Olympics project!  I was inspired by the Knitting Olympics to start this project at last.  I've wanted to knit a traditional gansey sweater from this book for years, and now I have committed to it.  The reason it's not a true Olympian of a project is that according to the rules you cast on during the Opening Ceremonies, which are this evening, and you finish the project by the Closing Ceremonies.  I cast on last night, because that's when I had the time and inclination, and I know that I won't be able to finish the sweater in 17 days, because I do have to go to work and have other responsibilities.  I like the thought of keeping the Olympic knitters company, though, and I didn't want to cast on a different project just so that I'd be able to finish in time.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and I'll be back with pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment