Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Socks and greens are growing

Good weather has meant lots of time spent gardening, and less time spent knitting. I have managed to finish one long sock though. This pair will be for Joe, whose feet are size 11. The yarn is a Regia self-striping.


Here are some pics of what is growing on the patio today:

Nasturtiums I've been growing from seed.

Comfrey

One of my tomato plants, just transplanted into a larger pot.

Lush mint, with lemon balm in the background.

Today I made a bit of time to start a project I've been meaning to get to for a while. I got the yarn and pattern in Toronto last year when we stumbled on the Americo Original store. I need to get cracking, as it's time to be wearing this, not just knitting it!


The actual colour is just a bit greener than this - a very pretty sage green, and it's going to be a Kayla Shrug. I tried the model on in the store last year and loved it. The yarn is a pima cotton, and is really nice to work with. It doesn't appear to be causing the hand strain that some cottons do.

No comments:

Post a Comment