Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Photo shoot

I've finally gotten some pictures of my knitting. The weather has changed to overcast and it does make for very good light for getting accurate yarn colours in photos.

Here are the toe-up socks I knit for David in Toronto. They've been finished for weeks and languishing... I hope they'll forgive me! My excuse will be that it hasn't exactly been wool sock weather in Toronto lately!


Here is another pair of finished socks. These were a fun knit, because the yarn is gorgeous. It's Fleece Artist Nyoni (I think it's been discontinued) that I got at Gina Brown's Yarn in Vancouver. The pattern is one that Dave and I ran across at Lettuce Knit in Toronto. The colours are quite true in the second picture.



Here is my current work-in-progress. It's the shawl I started back in June - Pretty Maids from Knitty. This past summer wasn't very conducive to sustained concentrated knitting, but I've been able to make some real progress on it since the weekend.


The yarn I'm using came in three shades, and so I'm planning one more colour change when I get into the last lace pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment