Friday, September 30, 2011

Under the wire

I really didn't want September to slip away with only two blog posts, and so here is a quick update for a tired Friday afternoon.

Triangular scarf being knit for a dear friend's 88th birthday. The pattern is Celeste's South Slocan Scarf. I think this pattern is brilliant - especially the way Celeste incorporated the increases into the edges to keep the continuity of the pattern. Celeste is a long time long-distance knitting buddy. We both teach at the yearly knitting retreat in Sorrento now. The yarn is Diamond Yarn's Fine Merino Superwash DK in a light lavender. A friend at school gave it to me because she wasn't going to use it, and it's perfect for this project.




 A sock I've been working on - I'm not sure who it's for yet.


A close-up of the cuff - I put in a couple of purl ridges between the cuff and leg, loosely inspired by Lene's socks here. Check out her blog if you don't know it - she is an amazing knitter and designer in a lovely low key way.


And finally, a bit of early-autumn colour on the patio today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment