Tuesday, April 27, 2010

They're finished!

I have finished my Twice Striped Socks at last.  I had to do one more finicky bit where I cut the yarn I had carried around the ankle, and carefully secured the ends.  This required good light and a large dose of patience, but I think everything will be okay now!  I am very pleased with the socks from the outside, and we'll just forget about all of the extra tails around the ankles and heels on the inside!  The stripes are matchy-matchy (my new word for the day) too, which I always enjoy when it works out!

I'm also making progress on the second pair of stripey socks.  I've completed the short row heel and have worked my way about an inch up the leg.  I used the hand-painted yarn for the heel, and I think it looks good.  It had been fun to experiment a bit with sock construction on these last few pairs.  I wasn't bored of doing my standard, top-down, slip-stitch heel socks, but it's good to shake things up a bit now and then too.  Especially since socks are the only things I've been working on for the last few weeks, due to reduced knitting time, so I may as well keep things interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment