Friday, April 6, 2012

Flower Crazy

I've signed up for another on-line art class with Carla Sonheim. It starts on Monday and I'm excited about it. I did a week-long class of hers in February - the Imaginary Creatures one, and it was a lot of fun. This class is called Flower Crazy and it's five weeks long! Plus, it starts on a holiday Monday, and the weather isn't supposed to be great that day, so I'll be able to spend some time painting and playing. Here is a creature that came out of the first class - I call him Ratitude.


I love painting but find it hard to do by myself unless I have a specific product in mind. I really need to spend more time doing it, though, because it's the only time I really get into that zone where you stop thinking and just immerse yourself in something you're passionate about. These on-line classes are perfect for me, because I get to work at home at whatever time I feel like, for however long I feel like, and I can get feedback and see other people's work through the Flickr group Carla sets up for each class.

My other inspiring blogger for visual arts is Geninne. I check her blog every day and love the glimpses into her studio and her process. Today my friend Annemarie gave me this gorgeous little book - I've been coveting these on Geninne's blog but hadn't actually seen one yet.

 
There are gorgeous birds throughout - here's a peek at the inside front cover:


Sunshine, gardening, birds, and time spent with friends - it has been a good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment