Friday, July 29, 2011

Socks, mainly

When we were driving through Québec's Eastern Townships a couple of weeks ago we stopped at this old wool mill at Ulverton.


Sadly the mill is no longer in operation - it is now a museum. They sell locally produced yarns in the gift shop, though. I bought two skeins of a light worsted weight wool-nylon blend to knit some socks for our friend David in Toronto. He likes heavy socks, and is likely to need them there!


I decided to try going toe-up on these ones, so that I can better gauge yarn consumption on a size-11 foot. I'm kind of making it up as I go along, but I did use Judy's Magic Cast-on, and I haven't quite decided about the heel yet.

Here is a close-up of the yarn:


I also finished the Monkey socks a while back, and they finally got their photo opp because they're being gifted this evening.


Have I mentioned how much I enjoy this pattern?

No comments:

Post a Comment