Sunday, January 2, 2011

Very pink socks and a book

This is the sock I started yesterday. I tried a picot edge at the top, which I've wanted to do for a while, and I love it!

The patterning is from a book that my friend, Harry, found at a thrift shop and passed on to me the other day. The book is Japanese, and is called 1000 Knitting Patterns Book and can be seen here. As you can see, it retails for $85! Thank you, Harry! There are some amazing patterns in this book, and the charts are quite easy to read, despite all of the text being in Japanese. 300 of the patterns are actually for crochet - and I'm not so sure about reading the charts for those, but the 700 knitting ones are great!

The yarn for these socks is Stroll Tonal from Knitpicks, in Summer Blooms. I got it on sale in a 4-pack for a really good price.  The shades of pink in it are very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment