Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gratitude and booties

The instructor of the yoga class I go to on Wednesday morning sets an intention for each class and today's was gratitude. The idea, and the quotes she read to us, resonated with me today and I want to try to hang on to the idea of being grateful each day for what I have, and not to worry about what I don't have.

On my way home from the class I saw my first snowdrops of the season - something tangible to be grateful for! Over the last few days there have been some signs of west coast spring. The birds are starting to sing more and differently, the days are getting just that bit longer, and green things are starting to sprout from the earth. There has been a lot of rain recently, and the greyness gets to me, but I must remember things like snowdrops in January that help to make up for it.

Here is a bit of colour:





These booties are for a friend at work (well actually for her first grandbaby, who is expected soon). The pattern is an old classic, and can be found here. For a ravelry link click here. I knit them using leftover sock yarn, and I have to say that they are pretty quick to knit and completely adorable! There is another grandbaby coming, a cousin to the first, and so I'll be making up another pair of these using a different yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment